<p>We’ll be setting up in <span class="caps">DUMBO</span> for the biggest art and technology festival we’ve put on to date.</p>
This year we’re hosting an unforgettable art and technology festival in DUMBO, Brooklyn on October 15 &16th.
All year long we’ve been working with Creators of all kinds on the development of new Studio works and debuting them at our international events, starting with Coachella this April and, most recently, in Seoul and Beijing. Some of the artworks have traveled the globe all summer, like the final adaptation of UVA’s audio-visual sculpture, with a soundtrack by composer Scanner, which will be the largest responsive work ever created by the UK based artists.
We’ll also be showing Jonathan Glazer, J. Spaceman, Undisclosable and One of Us’s immersive sound installation, Mick Rock and Barney Clay’s David Bowie transfiguration and Quayola’s latest work, Strata #4. We’ll also be unveiling installations from a few incredible artists discovered via our Gallery and premiering the interactive works from our Art Hack Weekend winners.
The event will be free and open to the public, though RSVP is mandatory and all venues will be subject to capacity regulations. In addition to the two outdoor stages and an indoor DJ hub, there will be a plethora of food and beverages from the Brooklyn Flea and a host of major art installations and films spread out over 11 different venues in DUMBO.
We’ve already told you that we’re debuting Karen O‘s mysterious and seductive psycho-opera Stop the Virgens—an assault on the tragic joys of youth. As our only ticketed performance, tickets are quickly selling out. For ticket information visit St. Ann’s Warehouse. Here’s what else we have in store…
· UVA’s audio-visual sculpture will be reincarnated and reinstated in its final form Origin, after debuting as the stage for Coachella, transforming into a pillar of light at Nuits sonores and then into a Reflective Room With A View in both São Paulo and Beijing.
· A Physical Manifestation of Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space by Jonathan Glazer, Spiritualized frontman J. Spaceman, Undisclosable and One of Us
· Life on Mars Revisited by David Bowie, Mick Rock and Barney Clay
· Soil by Cantoni & Crescenti
· Strata #4 by Quayola
· Meditation by Minha Yang
· R&Dazzle by SOFTlab
· Blow and Super Pong by SuperUber
· Urbanus Female by U-Ram Choe
· Six-Forty by Four-Eighty by Zigelbaum + Coelho
· Free Fall High Score by Antagonistic Applications
· DisKinect by Team DisKinect
· Four Tet
· Nosaj Thing + special guests
· Selected shorts by Edouard Salier
· Follow Follow by Peng Lei
· Night Fishing by PARKing CHANce (PARK Chan-wook and PARK Chan-kyong)