<p>Busy week? Here are some things you may have missed.</p>
On the blog this week we looked at cybernetic art pioneer Nicolas Schöffer’s recent show in Brazil, dissected the beat and lyrics of Super Galactic Expansive’s “Metacognition,” LOL’d our way through a documentary about artist John Baldessari narrated by Tom Waits, looked at what augmented reality could do for cosmetic surgery, had a recap of our Seoul event, conversed with FlyLo about his new album and his love of Aphex Twin, and found out how Sosolimited are going to reinterpret the presidential debates. We also found out how Keiichi Matsuda reimagined London as a data lantern in Prism, met Abby Portner the artist behind Animal Collective’s visuals, and welcomed the Jim Henson meets Chris Cunningham directorial vision of new Creator Andrew Huang.
While on the network…
· Here’s a speaker that transforms into a robot and then dances like Michael Jackson. Thank you, science!
· Tired of vintage-looking iPhone pics? Course you are. Now you can manga-fy your photos with the Manga-Camera app (above). In a week’s time you’ll wonder how you survived without it.
· Missed the presidential debate? No worries, the internet’s got your back with this songified version from the Schmoyoho guys.
· Google patents an AR wristwatch.
· Meanwhile, Disney patents an AR birthday cake.